The Safety Technician is responsible for plant safety operations. This means they should have a working knowledge of OSHA’s General industry standards. They must possess the ability to enforce Coreslab Structures safety rules, as well as always advocate our safety culture. Assisting the Safety Director with plant presence is the primary responsibility of the safety technician.
- Demonstrate leadership
- Strong work ethic
- Works well with people
- Enjoys constant challenges
- Conduct safety meetings with all departments
- Inspect and evaluate workplace environments, equipment, and practices to ensure they follow OSHA standards.
- Work with Safety Director to fix hazardous and potentially hazardous conditions or equipment.
- Demonstrate the correct use of machine guarding, tools, and all safety equipment.
- Investigate incidents and accidents to identify root cause and plan prevention.
- Submit weekly safety reports to director.
- Inspection of fire equipment.
- Minimum of OSHA 30 trained
- Bilingual (Spanish & English)
- Competent person in precast/prestressed concrete